QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters degree in social sciences preferably in mass communications with a minimum of 04-5 years experience in advocacy, communication, publicity and media work.
- Experience in dealing with media and effective liaison experience with external organizations
- Excellent communication skills; written and oral; able to write a high quality press release
- Capable of taking initiatives and ability to work with minimal supervision and according to demanding time frames
- Commitment to work with and for children; ability to work effectively with young children and proactively involve children in media and communications initiatives i.e. childrens press conferences
- Proactive, persuasive, and ability to work under stress
- Good understanding of development issues
- A high level of creative ability including competence in creative computer applications
- Proficient in Ms Excel , MS Word, Outlook, creative applications
- Willingness to travel extensively
Commitment to Save the Children
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Prepare communication material both print and electronic on project results
- Editing, proof reading and compiling project reports for publication
- Assist the COP and SPM in developing and rolling out Communications Strategy for the Battagram program
- Taking lead developing and promoting internal and external communications to support project objectives, advocacy, organizational learning and visibility.
- Liaison with Procurement Team for procurement of goods and services required for production of communication material.
- Supporting the project team in correspondence with the media networks; including leading and supporting in developing key messages for media.
- Organizing press briefings, where required.
- Maintaining a record of media coverage.
- Develop advocacy messages in consultation with thematic team
- Plan and implement advocacy initiatives of the project as approved by the Director Education.
- Ensure project implementation and partner staff receive appropriate capacity building support in programme communications
Vision, mission and values