Child Safeguarding Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
Driver is in charge of the most expensive asset that Save the Children owns. He will take care of vehicle in use and drive vehicle in accordance with the fleet policy as well as local traffic laws.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Finance & Admin Officer
Dimensions: Save the Children works in over 50 districts in Pakistan with a current staff complement of approximately 2,500 staff and current expenditure of approximately $50+ million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post: Nil
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for the safe driving and use of assigned vehicle.
- Use the vehicle for authorized travels only.
- Abide by all traffic and Save the Children driving rules and fleet policies.
- Carry out daily and weekly checks of vehicle and report all faults, maintenance needs and incidents/accidents to the fleet officer
- Maintain vehicle log books on a trip/daily basis.
- Ensure all equipment allocated to the vehicle are in good working condition, including spare tyre and communications equipment (tracking device, satellite phones etc), before undertaking any journey.
- Ensure all supplies and equipment to be carried are accompanied by appropriate paper work, packed and stowed away safely and securely.
- Any other relevant duty assigned by the Supervisor
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Matric or equivalent
- At least 2-3 years? experience working on similar job.
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Sensitive to the cultural & political environment
- Prepare to work and live in challenging surroundings.
- Valid Driving License
- Locals are highly preferred?