KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Branding & Visibility
· Maintains an inventory of all project communication materials and assets, including reports, case studies, success stories, briefers, cameras, lenses, external hard drives, etc.
· Coordinate with vendors, such as printers, to ensure quality products and maintain databases of the same.
· Contributes to the efforts of the Country Communications team by helping accomplish tasks as and when needed.
· Any other task assigned by the supervisor and senior management.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for himself/herself, takes responsibility for personal development.
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
· Commitment to Save the Children’s values.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or a relevant area of study. Diploma in Graphics Design is a plus.
· Minimum three years of experience in a communications role.
· Development/humanitarian experience is a plus. Candidate should be familiar with the development landscape.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Capable of taking initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision and according to demanding timeframes.
· Excellent writing skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Willingness to travel extensively.
· Proficient in Ms Word, Excel and Outlook. Working knowledge of graphics designing software, including Adobe Photoshop, CorelDraw, etc.
· Sound understanding and knowledge of designing with regards to balanced layouts, complimenting colours.
· Experience in dealing with external organisations and stakeholders.
· Commitment to work with and for children; ability to work effectively with young children and proactively involve children in media and communications initiatives i.e. children’s press conferences.
· Proactive, persuasive, and ability to work under stress.
· Good understanding of development issues.
· Commitment to Save the Children’s vision, mission and values.
Women professionals are encouraged to apply