Program Coordinator will be responsible:
- For ensuring that health project is implemented, monitored and reported as per detailed implementation plan and that the emerging needs are identified and addressed;
- For ensuring effective and quality implementation of the project interventions in the field, overseeing systems for efficient management and monitoring of project activities and supplies;
- To ensure effective data management and timely reporting, both internal and external, as well as quality communication, representation and advocacy with relevant stakeholders;
- To conduct field visits for assuring quality of program implementation and;
- To ensure that the health project is smoothly integrated with government system as per plan
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Management and Capacity Building
- Develop a plan for staff capacity building.
- Provide leadership and supervision to health staff at SC supported health facilities.
- Facilitate and coordinate regular trainings for program and clinical staff on RH, FP&PAC monitoring and evaluation, health system strengthening, clinical skill building, facilitative supervision, client-provider-interaction etc as needed.
- Oversee field project management, including monitoring project deliverables, creating work plans; budget forecasts monthly and quarterly reports.
- Collaborate with logistics department to ensure that project supplies are available in a timely manner and coordinate for delivery and monitoring of drug and non-drug stocks to field and clinic sites
- Provide technical oversight, accountability and ensure timely implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of all relevant comprehensive health activities at the facility and field level.
- Ensure that services and practices are in line with WHO recommended treatment guidelines and consistent with international standards and best practices.
- Directly oversee Reproductive Health and FP&PAC activities.
- Oversee routine data collection and M&E at the facility and field level.
- Analyze and review data with clinical staff highlighting areas where services are improving and providing support where services are lagging.
- Monitor and manage the effectiveness of the project, based on timely completion of project targets and indicators, on a monthly basis.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of health facilities and field site, including logistics, finance and HR.
- Ensure that all staff understand and adhere to SC policies, including finance, procurement, logistics, grant management and security policies.
- Regular reporting on operation matters to Project Director
- Facilitate in development of program strategies and take lead in local assessments or program development.
- Liaise and coordinate with partners including, DHO office, DPWO, INGOs and MoH, regarding project activities.
- Participate in strategic planning and attend coordination meetings.
- Coordinate and oversee donor and other official and informal visits to the field.
- Represent SC at coordination meetings and other official forums as requested.
Graduate with 4-5 years of experience and Masters Degree with 3-4 years of experience in emergency and development health programming
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Graduate with 4-5 years of experience and Masters Degree with 3-4 years of experience in emergency and development health programming
- Work experience in Family planning and Post Abortion care is preferred.
- Possess experience in field visits, data management and team coordination
- Team player, patient, flexible adaptable and work in a stressful environment
- Willingness to travel extensively to project sites and often in an insecure environment.
- Good report writing skills.
- Basic spoken and written English
- Experience in data management and analysis
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience