The Quality Assurance Officer will strengthen quality in clinical and community mobilization to achieve the desired results through regular supportive supervision visits to health facility, on the job trainings and individual clinical performance assessment. The position holder will assist Health QA Coordinator in maintenance of quality standards at the district level.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Support QA Coordinator in strengthening a government training centre in the district
- Support in training of ToT master trainers to provide training for FP and PAC at the province and district level
- Technically support in trickle down training for each district through master trainers
- Ensure that technical guidelines are fully adhered on the quality implementation of Save the Children’s FP and PAC
- Identify the technical gaps and capacity building needs of service providers through comprehensive training need assessments and ensure the implementation of capacity building plan
- Conduct on the job training of service provider both project and DoH to enhance their technical capacity
- Conduct regular supportive supervision visits in each health facility as per targets
- Implement use of SS checklists in community mobilization activities to ensure quality at health facility
- Assess provider values in provision of FP, PAC FP and PPFP services
- Ensure all clinical providers and health facility management staff trained on health facility systems - infection preventions, waste management, counselling and FP and PAC services delivery
- Ensure use of data for action, maintenance of individual performance log books, verification of log book data with HF database and consumption records
- Take action in consultation with supervisor for low performing service providers
- Improve counselling skills of providers to ensure client focused counselling including Post PAC and PPFP counselling.
- Maintain records of SS visits on training data base, event calendar on monthly basis for each health facility
- Support project management team in preparation of assessments, evaluations, high-quality donor and other periodic narrative reports as and when required.
- Liaise with government officials at health facility and DoH level for mutual sharing of quality related gaps and rectification with joint efforts
- Ensure develop an atmosphere that induces open communication and maximizes skills/experience sharing among the team members.
- Promote positive attitude of service providers, community mobilization and project management team, through regular value clarification workshops
Lady Health Visitor diploma / M.B.B.S registered with PMDC
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2-3 experience in development organisations, of which minimum 1 years proven experience quality assurance RH/FP and PAC services
- Expertise in data management, MS Office applications would be required
- Good report writing, communication, analytical and presentation skills
- Experience in implementing FP and PAC project interventions based on client choice perspective.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability and willingness to travel to intervention area
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills: the ability to adapt behavioural style to the circumstances in order to achieve positive outcomes
Additional job responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.